I stole an idea from a friend about how to reward Brandon for going on the potty. I made a chart where we'll keep track of his progress. Each time he goes #1 and/or #2 he gets a Bob the Builder sticker, after five stickers he gets a small prize. Last night we ran to Toys R Us and picked up some small Wall-e toys, five stickers gets him one small robot. Well, I explained the concept a billion times on the way home and he still kept asking me to open the boxes. I let him look at them but kept them in the box. After about an hour he finally "got it", I think. He sat on the potty for about 45 minutes, trying and trying, to go with no luck. The toys were the last thing he asked about last night before bed and the first thing when he woke this morning. He decided that he wanted to try to go potty this morning. He finally peed after about 15 minutes. I let him pick his first sticker and I had to remind him again that he had to get FIVE stickers to get one of his toys. So, he decided he wanted to get on the potty AGAIN, IMMEDIATELY. He sat for another 45 minutes without going. Brandon kept trying to fake me out by clapping and saying "good job" but I knew he didn't still have to go. He was really upset to get dressed and leave for our playdate, lol, only my child!
We just got home from playing and I got him out of the car first. Normally he would have nearly fallen asleep in the car and I would have tried to keep him awake so he'd nap in his bed but he was determinted to stay away so he could try to go potty again. So, anyway, he's in the kitchen telling me he wants to go, but I told him to wait a minute cause I had to get Jack out of the car, too. When I got back in the kitchen he was totally naked from the waist down! We went upstairs and he sat on the potty and peed almost immediately!!! So we are up to two stickers and I think he can really get those other three by the evening. He was excited to nap cause I told him we could try again after naptime. Also, his Toy Story "big underwear" came in the mail today, he is really excited to wear them, I should go wash them right now;)
**UPDATE**
I just got Brandon up from his nap and his diaper was dry! I asked him if he needed to pee and he said yes and went immediately on the potty. He was a little frustrated that he still didn't get his toy but he only has to go two more times for his first reward!
**SECOND UPDATE**
Well, he did pretty good. After his nap I put him in "big underwear" and set a timer for 45 minutes. At the 30 minute mark he told me he had to go potty but I think he said it pretty much as he was going. I put another pair of "big underwear" on him and he had another accident about 3o minutes after that, so, he asked for a diaper next time. Jason called a bit later and wanted to go out to eat. I told B we had to get ready and he instantly said he wanted to try and he went! We just got back from dinner and he went for the 5th time and got his reward! He picked a "Steve" (lol, it's Eve, from Wall-e) toy. We also found a few small things on clearance at Target to throw in the reward mix. We'll see how tomorrow goes. We are planning a day at Sea World so I'm not sure what to do...
4 comments:
That is so cool Lisa! It sounds like you found a method that is really working, and quickly! P.S I love your little Brandonisms, the one about Jack Griffin's orange hair. Sooo cute! I love reading your blog. :-)
Too cute! Hope it works!
Yay, Brandon! Don't you wish life around you would just stop for awhile so you could get through potty training faster! I'm already thinking ahead for Brooke, I've heard that some girls can do it as early as 18 months! That would be sweet!
Loving the updates. Does that give away how much I check this thing?
Post a Comment