Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thursday

Thanks to all the bad weather we stayed in today. We all have cabin fever now. I don't care if it's snowing tomorrow, we are getting out of the house. Brandon did pretty good with his potty training today. He actually peed and POOPED on the potty this evening, he was quite proud of himself. This morning we were sitting on my bed and he told me he needed to sit on the potty (he was wearing big underwear) and I picked him up to take him to the bathroom and saw he'd already peed on my bed. It was on Jason's side, don't tell him ;) I still put him on the toilet and he went some more but after that I switched him to a pull-up. He watched a lot of movies today while mommy caught up on washing her sheets and mattress pad. At one point Brandon found a one dollar bill. "Is this a dollar, Mommy?" How the heck he even knows, I'll never understand. then he starts singing, to the tune of Blue's Clues "We just got a letter", his version: "We just got a dollar. We just got a dollar. We just got a dollar. Wonder who it's from?" He is too much sometimes.
Jack is about to become the proud owner to two more teeth (bringing his total to five). He's got a top one and a bottom one just under the gums. I think the bottom one will cut first though. It'll be funny if he has 3 bottom teeth and one on top! He's a crawling madman right now. He's trying to get on his hands and knees but still prefers the army crawl. I put him in the living room and turned around and he was at the back door! He has also discovered the door stopper. Tons of fun! He woke up a bunch of times last night and at one point I just tried to get away with rubbing his back. The only problem with that is that once you stop rubbing his back he starts stirring again. I didn't want to go all the way back to my room just to come back and comfort him again, so I decided to quietly sit in his rocking chair. Do you know that that little stinker found me! He popped his head up and looked around his room and then turned his head in my direction and gave me the freaking cutest smile in the world. Of course I had to pick him up then and I just brought him to bed with me at that point. I don't really do that that often but he was sooo happy to be with me. I freaking love my kids!!!
Jason will be home in a day and a half. If I wasn't so freaking tired I'd actually count the hours. Miss you babe!

No comments: