Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Long Week Ahead

Jason left this evening for the week on a business trip. Brandon has already asked several times, once before we even got out of the airport, where daddy is. I could tell Jason really didn't want to leave us, too. It's gonna be a very long week without him here, having someone to talk to and help me with the kids. I thought I'd update here more often so he can see and hear about the kids more, in case I forget to tell him something on the phone.

Jack cut that upper tooth today. The partner to it is still nowhere in sight, so hopefully he won't cut it before Daddy gets home, I don't think I could handle a crabby baby on top of it all. I woke up with a sore throat as well, I'm gonna make some tea before I go to sleep tonight, that usually makes me feel better. Oh, I forgot....Daddy gave Jack his first taste of McDonald's today, yes, at only 7 months old. I left the room and come back to Jason giving Jack a french fry! That was okay, then I leave again and come back and Jack is sucking on Jason's drink. That time he did it just to shock me, but Jack actually started drinking from it, and it was Dr. Pepper! Man, he's really making me rethink leaving the kids with him.

Brandon has been doing pretty good with his potty training. He's by no means "trained" yet, it's obviously going to be quiet a process with him. It's so mixed getting him to go. Sometimes he's all for it, and runs to the bathroom, and goes right away. Other times it's a total game and he tries to fake me out, saying "good job" and clapping when I KNOW he hasn't gone. And even other times he literally is kicking and screaming that he doesn't want to go and only wants to wear his diapers. So far he's gone 14 times since we started really trying on Thursday. One day we spent at Sea World and didn't even try, so I think that's a decent start.

Ok, some things that Daddy will find cute and make him miss the boys. We went to Target after dropping Daddy at the airport. Brandon really wanted to see some baseball thing but I couldn't figure out exactly what he was talking about. He saw that creepy frog again and really wanted it. It was a clearance item so I got it for him. We came home and he wanted to draw in his Wall-e coloring book. He said, "What is that, Mommy?" like a million times, typical. Jack started getting hungry so I gave him a jar of macaroni and cheese. He finished it in record time and still seemed hungry, so I got up to get him more food, this time it was beef and veggies. He cried his head off until I got back. I guess he thought I wouldn't give him anymore, lol. So, yes, he ate two jars of baby food again. Then we went upstairs and Brandon peed on the potty again. The boys are both in bed now and I have a feeling I will be getting up with one or both of them before it's time to get up for the day.

We miss you, Daddy. I'll make sure to take lots of pics and some video for you. Love you, babe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How are you doing Lisa? Feeling ok? Hope everything goes smoothly until Jason comes home. I gave Rio a lick of a Cheeto the other day. He seemed to like it! :-)