Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July weekend






*We had another long and fun weekend over the Fourth of July weekend. Jason had Friday off so we all headed to the lake for our last weekend at my parent's lakehouse. We took Brandon on his first jet ski ride. He was really unsure if he even wanted to go with us. He kept telling me he was "too little" to get on it but then saying he wanted to go. He seemed to have a good time in the end. We went pretty slow and just went as far as Jason's parents house and back.

Jason took Brandon outside to watch people set of fireworks on the water. I was too freaked out with all the bats and mosquitos flying everywhere. Plus, Jack was sleeping inside, in my bed, and I didn't want him to be alone...I was afraid Mr. Rolly Polly would roll right off the bed. Jason said Brandon enjoyed the fireworks but after about 20 or 30 minutes he said he was ready to come back inside. He hadn't napped all day and that boy needs his sleep!

He had so much fun with my family, I'm so sad that it was the last weekend there. I just wish we'd all be able to find more time to go more often.
Sunday we took the kids to the circus for the first time. We didn't have someone to watch Jack, so he came, too. At first Jack seemed to really enjoy it, while Brandon seemed really confused and a little scared. Jack ended up getting upset and cranky so we spend the last 20 minutes of the first and second halves of the show walking around outside looking at all the expensive merchandise. Luckily I brought my Beco Butterfly so I wore him the whole time. While it's super comfortable, my back was aching by the end of the show after having worn him for over 3 hours. Jack and I went back in at intermission and Brandon was really seeming to enjoy himself at that point. Jason bought a package of cotton candy and Brandon refused to even try it. He got a little on his tongue and then tried to wipe his tongue on Jason's hand to get it off. He's one of the only kids I know that really prefers his fruits and veggies to candy!
Jason also took Monday off and we had planned to go to Sea World. Weather reports predicted rain (boy, were they right!) so we decided we'd stay home and just run some errands instead. The weather ended up being so bad that we stayed home and never left the house though.
So, another busy weekend for us. Some days it feels like I hardly have time to stand still and breath. Jack is getting more and more mobile and active and Brandon, well, he's two, so I think that speaks for itself. It's always funny to me when Jason is home for the weekend or we have a day where we don't really do anything. He's always amazed at how much work the kids are, and how the "things to do" list never ends. I think he is relieved to go back to work, lol!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's cute that Brandon kept saying he was too little.

Skya did not want to try cotton candy either, the first time. This time she gave it a try on her own and liked it!

Are your parents selling their lake house?

lisa said...

yep, they sold the house. they close on friday. it was just too hard for all of us to go up there on a regular basis, so it's for the best...we'll miss it though!