Monday, September 1, 2008

Aaaack!

Ok, so, I'm a little bit of a wreck. Tomorrow is Brandon's first day at preschool. He'll be going Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am until about 2pm. Jason and I went on Thursday night to meet his teacher and see his classroom. He is in a class of about 11 kids with only about 3 girls! Man, those teachers will have their hands full! On Friday we took Brandon to meet his teacher and for him to see his classroom. Brandon and Luke dominated the kitchen center and I tried to get them to meet some of their classmates. I'm not sure that any of the other kids know each other like Luke and B do. I guess I should have mentioned that they ARE in the same class afterall. I hope they can both listen to the teacher while they are at school. They tend to tune everyone and everything out when they are together. I've been telling Brandon that I'm taking him to school and that I'm going "bye bye". I asked him later if I was staying or going "bye bye" and he remembered that I was leaving but that he was staying, so hopefully he won't freak out tomorrow when he realizes that I've left, since only one of us need to be crying, lol. I'll post more about it tomorrow, hopefully about pictures.

In other Brandon news, he's been doing really well with potty training, at least the part that doesn't involve pooping in the potty, lol. We ran a bunch of errands yesterday and he was wearing a pullup. On our way home he said, "Mommy, I need to go potty!" and he was really, really trying to hold it, it was obvious. We were still about 10 minutes from home and I told him it was okay if he really couldn't wait since he was wearing a pullup but I could tell he didn't want to pee in it, although he eventually did. Then today he wore underwear all day and was actually telling me every time he needed to go! Huge improvement!! Now if we can just figure out the poop thing! I spoke to his teacher and she said to bring him in to school in a pullup. I'm crossing my fingers that something will click with him there. It seemed like most of the class was potty trained at orientation.

Mr. Jack is doing great. We felt like we were out with a celebrity with him yesterday. He got a bunch of attention while we waited for a table at a restaurant yesterday. This one lady kept telling me how adorable he was and that he should be in commercials, lol. Jason wasn't in earshot for that comment so she had to tell us again when she left the restaurant. I love that other people think he's as cute as I do ;) He's also close to saying his first word: "backpack"! I swear! I must sing wayyyy too much Dora if he's saying that before "mama" or "dada", lol.

Annnd, I finally finished the Twilight series. Ah, it was soooo good! I even cried at the end, I think I'm gonna re-read the whole saga. Soooo good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me know how Brandon does! I will be thinking of you all day:)
Go to Stephanie Meyer's website and she has a part of Midnight Sun posted. Read the background on that and then read the part posted...great! I am finishing up Breaking Dawn.

Love,
Jen

lisa said...

I'm about 50 pages in to Midnight Sun, it's really interesting. I never thought to see if you were reading the books, I forgot how much we used to read together! Don't you just love the books? I think I'm gonna re-read them.