Monday, September 22, 2008

Soo busy!

We've all been so busy around here. Last weekend Jason and I flew out to Las Vegas together. I went for the weekend and came back on Monday, he stayed until Friday, attending a computer related conference. It was great to get away, just the two of us, but I really missed my kids! We stayed at The Palazzo. MY GOSH! Sooooooo nice. We had a Strip and pool view. I don't know that we'll ever stay anywhere that nice again, lol. We didn't do too much gambling together, I wasn't really feeling lucky. We did a lot of shopping and it was nice being able to do things at our own pace. On the flight back I got to sit in the same row as local "celebrity", Mike Yuchnitz, the "My Econo 39.95 Optical" guy . Wow, that guy is something else. Pretty full of himself to say the least. I'll never buy glasses from him, that's for sure. The kids seemed happy to see me but I think Brandon was a little upset with us for leaving, he didn't understand it I think. One thing is for sure, they kicked my mom's butt, lol. She is awesome, though, I know she was exhausted, not used to having them for such a long time, but there is no one I trust more (well, maybe my sister) to watch my kids. I didn't worry about them for a second, just missed them like crazy!

Wednesday we met up with some friends at Kiddie Park and had a picnic in Brackenridge Park. That was a lot of fun, Brandon did NOT want to leave. Thursday Brandon had a bit of a runny nose so he didn't go to preschool. Friday I took the kids to the zoo, again, Brandon did NOT want to leave. I got the kids in the double jogging stroller in the parking lot there and noticed it wasn't pushing as well as it normally does and then realized that the tires were almost totally flat! I let Brandon walk next to it while we were there, I knew he would be so upset if we had to leave, so now he doesn't want to ride in a stroller anymore. He really loved looking at the fish, we stayed in the hippo exhibit for quiet awhile. Jason got home that evening. Yay! Saturday we celebrated my mom's birthday! Happy Birthday, Mommy! (today is her actual birthday) And Sunday we met friends out at Sea World. It was sooo nice! Not too many people, I love it like that!

So, this will be another busy week for me, too. Brandon's 3rd birthday is Friday, Sept 26th. We are having his party on Saturday. I want to get his picture taken and I still need to get all the odds and ends for his party. He is sooo excited about his Wall-e cake, he asks about it everyday. On Thursday I'll be taking cupcakes or cookies to his preschool so he can have a little party there. I think Friday night we'll try to take him to Chuck E Cheese, that's what we've done the last two years on his birthday. I can't believe that my baby is going to be 3!!!

We've had some issues with his language these last few days, lol. The other day he called our cat, Abbie, "my stupid cat" and showed her his "stupid raisins". UH OH! We kept telling him NOT to say that, and I haven't heard him say it since, but we'll be on the lookout for that. Then, yesterday at Sea World, we were watching a whale show and one of the performers jumped in the water and he said, "holy crap!". I know I'm guilty of that one, but I think most of the blame has to go to Dad on it. Sigh, no one said anything about the *terrible threes*!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you believe our kiddos turn 3 this week?! Where did the time go?!

Bliss said...

I'm pretty sure I did say something about the "terrible three's"! It's way worse than 2! I'm hoping 4 is much better! I will let you know and warn you for sure!