Sunday, August 17, 2008

So close!

We had a nice weekend. Saturday we went to a party at one of Jason's co-workers houses. It was great to see everyone and meet some new people. Jack got ooh'd and ahh'd on and my poor little Brandon had his first bit of rejection :( Some of the kids were playing in a room and he attemped to join them. One of the kids pushed him out of the room and closed the door, so I went to get him. When I reached him he was asking, to the door, "Can you hear me?", trying to get their attention. It seriously makes me want to cry that he got his feelings hurt. He was a bit younger than those kids so I can understand that they didn't want him in there, but still, my poor baby! Later we went to Freddy's and we were quiet the sight apparently. I noticed a man a little older than my parents staring at me and Jack while Jason and B ordered. I couldn't figure it out...did I have something in my teeth? About 15 minutes later he came out of the bathroom and stopped by our table. He told us that we were "unusual parents" and by that he meant that, according to him, lots of parents ignore their children and talk amongst themselves, but that he saw we were actually talking to our kids and he thought that was great. Plus, he told us how adorable our boys are, which I totally love. It was really nice to be complimented by a total stranger. A few minutes before he stopped at our table a woman had to stop by and tell us how adorable Jack was, and Brandon, too. That red hair really attracts a LOT of attention :D

On Sunday Jack and I stayed home all day. Jason took Brandon to the movies. Brandon did GREAT with his potty training, nearly making it the whole day without an accident. He goes to bed at 8:30pm and around 8:25pm he tells me he needs to change his underwear. He had just gone potty not 10 minutes before, so, I knew what that meant, it was poop time. I'll be really glad when we get fully trained with that. He stayed dry at the movies with Jason (wearing a pullup), during naptime (in underwear) and the whole day until the very end. He also did great on Saturday, peeing twice at Thom's house. Hopefully we are getting somewhere with that. I'm kinda worried that he'll regress with preschool...keeping my fingers crossed with that one.

Also, Jack really really tried to pull up on a table today. He just couldn't figure it out and got mad at me for not helping him faster, lol.

3 comments:

Carla said...

That story about Brandon makes me sooooo sad :( Yea for you and Jason being great parents, like there was any question, and Yea for Jack on pulling up. I'll bet he does it any day!!

Anonymous said...

That is sad about Brandon standing outside the door. Reminds me of a time we were in a store and some kids were making fun of Skya's eyes, saying "look at the baby with the big alien eyes!" And Skya was just smiling at them like they were giving her attention. :-( Kids are mean sometimes. Brandon is doing awesome potty training, any day now he will be completely done! yay!

Bliss said...

Poor B! We'll play with him! I can just see his little face :( "Can you hear me"? that was so sweet and innocent! I love you Brandon! Smooches! Sounds like baby Jack will be seriously on the move soon! We miss you guys! Smooches to Jack too!