Friday, August 15, 2008

Lots to be happy about.

First of all I want to say that I'm soo thankful and happy that both my sisters-in-law that had "issues" this week are doing well! I'm so grateful for that! You can read a little about Bliss' situation on her blog if you haven't already.

My sweet baby, Jack, has cut his 6th tooth! It's the bottom left side. He's been perfect and I wouldn't have even known if I hadn't seen it. Must be a lot easier to cut just one, than three, at once :D Also, I'm feeling more rested these days! I decided to go on a a hunch and start putting him to bed differently the last three days. I started thinking back to when he was sleeping through the night, which was from the time he was 2-5 months old and then, recently, the time we were at the coast. The difference was that I wasn't rocking him then, I was putting him in bed awake after he finished his last bottle. So, I have been laying him in bed awake with his bottle and going and taking it out after 30 minutes and he's been sleeping through the night!! As a matter of fact, he' even sleeping later in the morning as well. I really hope I'm on to something and that this isn't some fluke. My mom thought maybe he was in a growth spurt, and that's possible, but I really hope this is a new, and permanent, thing for us. Also, last night he blew me away by eating three jars of baby food for dinner! For this house that is HUGE, I would struggle with Brandon at this age to even eat one, so this is BIG for us. Each time he finished a jar, including the last one, he would start crying for more! After three I got worried that he'd puke it up so I gave him a bottle. What a big boy!

Brandon is making me laugh everyday. I've taken to writing down some of the things so I can remember them properly. They are probably funnier when they actually happen, though, rather than on paper later. At Hobby Lobby this week we were walking in the fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving section. We saw this garland of fall colored leaves. He says, "Mommy, is that a scary monster? No, it's a leave (leaf)." He has a tendancy to ask a lot of questions and then answer them himself. Sometimes he does it to be funny, other times he is quiet serious. After that we are in the parking lot and he looks up in the sky and says, "Is that an airplane? No...it's a bird." Then, later at home, we watched "Milo and Otis" while eating lunch (another thing we do often) and he had his little Nestle Crunch candy that came with his Lunchable meal. "Milo, do you want some chocolate? No, animals no eat chocolate." He really makes me laugh a lot.

Lastly, I'm soooo glad to say that one of my best friends in the world just got engaged! Alan popped the question (and gave her a lovely ring, I'm told) while they were vacationing and visiting Jodi's family in England last month. She just got back this week and was bursting with the news. I can't believe I had to wait for her to get back from England to hear about it! I even got a postcard with no mention of it, sheesh! Anyway, I think they are planning an August 2009 wedding! I'm soooooo excited for them both. No one deserves this more than her. Love you, Jo!!

No comments: