Saturday morning I woke up and was doing laundry. I sat in the computer chair to check my email and, of course, Facebook. I asked Brandon to get Jack out of his room and Jack came running to me and wanted to sit on my lap, he had a cup in his hand. I picked him up and put him on my knee and we had our good morning kisses. All of a sudden, I felt a warm liquid run down the length of my leg and all the way down to my foot. Quickly, I put Jack down and started feeling him to see if his diaper had leaked, nope, he was dry. I grabbed his water cup out of his hand and turned it upside down to see if it was leaking and it wasn't. So, I stood up and realized that it had come from me! Shock! Was this my water breaking?! I called for Jason and told him what happened. We decided to call the doctor and see what they thought. It had just been enough to run down my leg but nothing else was coming out yet. The doctor on call called back a few minutes later and I asked if we should just wait and see if anything else happens or go get checked and she said to go to the hospital and check it out. My mom rushed over to be with the boys and Jason and I started packing a bag, grabbing the car seat, etc, we didn't know if this was it or not!
We got to the hospital about an hour or so later. Still nothing more had happened but I was having a few BH contractions. The hospital was so quiet and empty. The nurses were sooooo nice! They decided to get me in a room and had me get in a gown and hooked me up to monitors to track Ethan's heartbeat and my contractions. They did the first swab test to check for amniotic fluid, it came back negative. They said that they would come back in about 30 minutes and check me again. About 45 minutes later they came back and checked me again and, still, the swab test came back negative! The conclusion: Apparently Ethan kicked my bladder and I peed on myself! They called the doctor on call and told her what happened and she said I should go home, no baby today. They did check me again to see if I'd dilated more, nope. Not only have I NOT dilated more, but the nurse that checked me said she wouldn't even really give me the 1cm that the doctor had so graciously given me last week! Sigh.
In addition, they said Ethan is still head down but in the posterior position, meaning his back is along my back, which is not the way we want him to come out. Also, it means for some serious pain in the meantime! I've never had pain like this before. I'm having the hardest time even rolling from one side to the other at night. They gave me a few suggestions of sleep positions to try to turn him and recommended getting an exercise ball to try to get him to come down a bit lower. We'll see what happens. All I know is that I don't want to go to the hospital again without coming home with a baby! Next appointment is Wednesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment