Wednesday, August 26, 2009

37 week appt.

Today I am 37 weeks and 1 day pregnant. I had my weekly check up this morning. Haven't gained any more weight since last week and my blood pressure was good. Dr. S asked how I was doing and I told her how miserable I've been feeling. We talked about my incident on Saturday and I told her I was concerned that I wasn't as dilated as Dr. N had said last week based on the nurses comments and about the whole "what was that if not my water breaking" thing. So she assured me that even a slight turn of the baby's head on my bladder could have done that to me so she rechecked for amniotic fluid and it came back negative again. She explained that checking the cervix for dilation is different for each person. On her scale, for example, she considers 1cm to be one fingertip can be inserted in the cervix, 2cm to be one finger with wiggle room and 3cm to be two fingertips in. So, she checked me and said she could get 2 fingers in! She never said I am 3 cm but based on what she just told me I'm guessing that's what she'd consider it to be. My cervix is still not effacing, which is necessary for delivery as well. I asked if there was anything I could to do help with that and her response was, as she looked directly at Jason, "lots and lots of sex". Yay (that's scarcasm if you can't tell). I asked about induction since she brought it up last time, just wanting to be certain in my head that we had an acutal end date cause I knew it would make me feel better. She told me again that she wouldn't induce until I was 39 weeks which falls on Labor Day week. Monday, Labor Day, is an office holiday, on Tuesday (my acutal day I'm 39 weeks) she's out at their Shertz office so she can't do an induction at my hospital that day being 20 minutes away, so the earliest will be Wednesday, Sept 9, 2009....so 09/09/09! Dr. S actually went ahead called the hospital, gave me paperwork and scheduled my induction for that day so if Mr. Ethan doesn't make an appearance before then my baby boy will be born two weeks from today! We can't wait to meet him!

4 comments:

Bliss said...

WOOOHOOO! How exciting! Will you PLEASE let us help with the boys? You helped SO much when we had Ashton, and it was such a blessing to us! We would LOVE to return the favor! Say the word and I'm there!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Don't you love it when they say lots of sex! No thank you. At that point in my pregnancy I would just rather wait until my due date! I am so excited for you! You'll meet your little man soon!

lisa said...

yeah, jen, not what i was hoping to hear would be the thing to help us along. she did tell jason not to be some big stud about it, that's it all about, lol, just about getting his stuff where it needs to go. soooooo the LAST thing i am thinking of. i'm just feeling soo much better knowing there is an end in sight!

bliss, i'll def call you if we need help. i *think* natalie is gonna spend the night before with us if we make it to induction date like your sister, hannah, did when you had ashton. i told jason there was no way you'd be able to get all 3 of yours and both of mine in your car though! my mom would probably help her get them to the hospital. i'm thinking brandon will skip school that day. we are getting soooo excited!!!

Carla said...

We can't wait to meet him either!!