I had my 10 week OB appointment today. Just a little back-story here, with both Brandon and Jack I got an ultrasound (with Jack it was after she tried to find his heartbeat with the dopplar and couldn't find it that way). So, while I always want it to just be okay, I was kinda hoping for another ultrasound.
Anyway, I got there and mentioned to Dr. Shows that I was a little nervous that I wasn't having morning sickness. She asked when it stopped and I told her I haven't had it this time like I did with the other two. Instead of reassuring me and saying it was totally normal to not have it, she freaked me out a bit by saying, well, let's try to get the heartbeat...um, okay, glup. It took several minutes but she finally found that beautiful galloping sound. She never told me what the heart rate was but said she just knew she would find it by dopplar because my uterus is big...uh, thanks, but I already knew that, I'm already showing! She said the heartbeat sounded good, I have to admit it did to me, too! Then she said to come back in 4 weeks for my regular appt and then I'll have my BIG ultrasound in about 8 weeks! Wow, only about 2 more months until we know if we are having a third boy or a little girl!! So, no ultrasound today but it was still a pretty good appointment!!
2 comments:
That's great that you got to hear the heartbeat, it's so reassuring isn't it?! I love the excitement of anticipating if you are having a boy or girl this time, 8 weeks is gonna fly by!
Can't wait to find out! It's such an exciting time. You are making me a little bit jealous :)
Post a Comment