Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Getting up to speed on us...

So this is going to be a boring post without any pictures, sorry! I can't find my camera cable so I've got lots of pictures to upload (hopefully) soon.

Ok, our updates!

BRANDON: Mr.B started swimming lessons about 3 weeks ago. He's taking them thru the San Antonio Swim Academy and they hold the lessons at the Spectrum Club at Rogers Ranch. He's not swimming like a fish yet but his teacher thinks he's made a lot of progress. He will put his head underwater for a few seconds at a time. He's jumping in the pool (and going under) but insists on holding his teacher's hand. A few times the last lesson or two he's grabbed a ring on a low step in the pool!

He's very in to his legos. He loves watching Transformers and Star Wars. Brandon is such a good big brother and asks regularly when we can get Ethan out to look at him. Brandon has also gotten really good at playing Mario Kart on the Wii! Each day he looks forward to Jason coming home so they can race against each other.

JACK: Mr. Jack. Don't know where to start with this guy. He's a handful to put it mildly. One of his most recent antics is that he finally climbed out of his crib! I can't say that either Jason or I were surprised but still a bit shocked that he actually went through with it! We had put him down for a nap over the weekend and I was watching him on the monitor and suddenly I couldn't see him anymore and I heard a knocking sound. I jumped off my bed and went for his door but Jason beat me to it and opened the door to Jack proudly walking out of his room! So, that day we rearranged his room and he has since been sleeping in his toddler bed. We had to make sure his room was safe to roam around in since there is no telling what he'll be doing when he should be sleeping.

ME AND ETHAN: I am now 30 weeks pregnant, just under 10 weeks until my due date of September 15. I had an appt around 28 weeks (I'm going to the OB every two weeks now) and took my GTT (glucose tolerance test) which I FAILED! I never failed with either of the boys and I also got my rhogam shot (for my AB- blood type, Jason is B+). This past Monday I took my 3 hour GTT and passed!! The doctor said my belly is measuring a bit big but that everything else looked and sounded great. I just love hearing his little heart beating away! I'm in pain a LOT of the time. I really am trying to keep a good attitude about everything but, man, it sucks being pregnant in South Texas in the summer!!

JASON: Jason and I have decided to join a gym. After going to the Spectrum Club we started getting interested in joining one ourselves. We ended up going with Lifetime Fitness. It's a really nice place. Jason has already gone a couple of times this week and we just joined on Saturday! He took Brandon with him on Sunday and left him in the child care center and Brandon loved it. I'm really hoping both Jason and I (me after Ethan's birth) can get more healthy so we can live long, happy lives!

1 comment:

Carla said...

Good update even though there weren't any pictures! I'm with Brandon: ready to get Ethan out! You know, once he is done baking!