Saturday, December 13, 2008

Catching Up With Old Friends

Last night the four of us went to have dinner with some of my old college friends. I've been trying hard to remember how exactly I met Kim and Art but I know for sure it was because we had classes together. Nearly 10 years (yikes!) after our college graduation it's hard to remember exactly how it happened. Art is pretty sure that him and I met first, and I'm sure he's right, and then I ended up having a class with Kim the following year. After college graduation me and Kim and about 10 other girls went to Puerta Vallarta on vacation. It was so much fun! We've been in and out of contact over the years and have recently found each other again. They have two daughters, ages 2 and 4, so we have a lot in common with them!

We went to their beautiful home last night and got to finally meet the kids. Brandon was pretty shy at first but he had fallen asleep in the car and we had to wake him when we got there. It only took him about 10 minutes and then he was really enjoying himself. Elena, the 4 year old, was so cute and really played well with him. Jack felt right at home, too, and wanted to be all over the place with the kids. I was shocked that Jack even ate an entire piece of pizza!

It was fun to remember our old college days and talk about our infamous trip to Mexico. This was Jason's first time meeting them, but in typical Jason style, you couldn't tell. Jason easily adapts to any situation and he really seemed to hit it off with Art.

We can't wait to see them again! Makes me so mad that we lost contact with them to begin with, but I don't plan on letting that happen again!

No comments: