Monday, November 10, 2008

Jack is 11 months old today!




Oh my ! Where has the time gone?! My sweet little daredevil is almost a year! I can't even imagine what next few months have in store for us. Today Jack got the "Most Crazy" award. I was cleaning out the pantry and had put him in his walker so he could move around while Brandon watched TV on the couch. All of a sudden, I heard a sound that confused me. I think now it was a sound of frustration from Jack, but something told me to go and check on him. I come around the kitchen to find him standing in front of the toy box, totally OUT of his walker! At first I thought maybe Brandon had helped him but soon realized that Brandon was too engrossed in his show to have done anything. My mouth just fell open and I said, "Oh, my gosh!". Jack just turned his head and gave me the biggest smile, so proud of himself! Even Brandon turned at that point and his eyes got huge and he said, "My gosh! Jack wanted to play with those toys!". I think what he did was lean all the way forward and grab ahold of the toy box and just held on and he must have kicked his walker out of his way, cause it was like 3 feet behind him! Sigh. This child has NO fear. He hasn't played in his exersaucer in months for this very reason, he's always trying to get out of it.

Jack has also taken up wrestling with his brother. Never in my wildest dreams did I think these two would be playing so physically at this young age. Jack's favorite place to play is in Brandon's room with him. Usually Brandon plays pretty well with Jack and I feel okay leaving them in there together for a few minutes at a time. I check on them frequently.

Jack is still not walking yet. He really has no desire to even try, heck he won't even stand on his own although I know he can do it and does for a few seconds if he doesn't realize what he's doing. He is getting great at cruising the furniture, though, and is quiet mobile.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a little daredevil!!! I can't believe he got out by himself! I also can't believe he will be one year old in only a month. Seems like yesterday we were just pregnant together.

Carla said...

I love it! He is such a sweetie pie!

Bliss said...

WOW! He's almost 1! Where did that year go?! What a little monkey,I can't believe he got out of his walker!